Roman V. SVETLOV
Ph. D., Dr.Sc., Professor.
Director of the Institute of philosophy of man, Herzen University
Head of Russian Plato Society.
Basic areas of research: Plato and Platonism, ancient philosophy and culture, religion studies, contemporary theology.
- Plato. Statesman. Study, Translation, commenary by Roman Svetlov. SPb, 2019. (In Russian).
- The grammatical treatise De Analogia and linguistic conservatism of Julius Caesar in the context of the ancient language policy. // Schole. Vol. 13, N 1, 2019, P. 315-329 (in co-operation with Denis Fedorov) (In Russian)
- Svetlov Roman. Pietro il Grande come «Nuovo Costantino» alcuni aspetti della politica religiosa del suo regno. // Nuova Rivista Storica, 2018, 2, Р. 789-798.
- The Concept of Natural Law: from Plato to Philo // Schole. 2018. V. 12. № 2. С. 643-658 (in co-operation with Elena Alymova) (In Russian)
- Ideology and history: the history of Russia as a subject of ideological competition. SPb, 2017. (In Russian)
- Julian the Apostate and his “Letter to the Jewish Community”// Voprosy filosofii№ 3 P. 154-162. (In Russian)
- Socrates in the context of the ancient imagination. // ΣΧΟΛΗ Vol. 9. 1 (2015), С. 169-184.(In Russian)
- Plato and Euhemerus: “Egyptian Logos” and “Sacra Historia” // Gosudarstvo, religiya, Cerkov’ v Rossii i za rubezhom. 2015, V. 33 № 3, P. 382-396. (InRussian)
- Anguage and indivisibility in the philosophy of Plato. // Voprosy filosofii. 8, 2014. P. 128-137. InRussianThe Essenes as the Pythagoreans: Predestination in Pythagoreanism, Platonism and the Qumran theology. // ΣΧΟΛΗ Vol. 8. 1 (2014). P. 50-53, (in co-operation with Igor Tantlevsky)